The Politically Incorrect Mom

THE OPINIONATED RANTINGS OF A CONSERVATIVE MOM

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Give me a "C"...Give me an "O"....Give me an "N"...

I'll admit it (in case you hadn't already figured it out); I am a huge fan of Condoleezza Rice. She's tough, focused and MORAL - remember moral? Her "ever the optimist" attitude is only surpassed by her unspoken command for respect - which she deserves. I'm proud of her as a woman and an American.

I don't really know what to think of this TIME article. The author goes back and forth on whether or not he agrees with the "Condi Doctrine" (kind of catchy, don't you think?), but the article is well written and is worth a read.

Her last quote sums up where she's coming from:

"I've lived in a place where difference was not tolerated and difference was a license to kill," she says. "I lived in a place that was not living up to the democratic principles of the United States but where, because the institutions were what they were, people were able to petition from within those institutions, not without ... People kept struggling toward those institutions and values and principles and, over time, we've gotten closer to the ideal. And so when I see Iraqis struggling with really hard issues or Afghans struggling with really hard issues, I'm probably less willing to say, 'Oh, they can't do it.' I look at [our history], and I say what seemed impossible on one day now seems inevitable. Well, that's the way great historical changes are. And it's why I have enormous conviction that these people are going to make it."
Doesn't it just give you a warm fuzzy feeling? Man, I love her!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 



Web Counter
Hit Counter
Since August 1, 2005

And one last teeny tiny detail...
This web site and all contents are the property of The Politically Incorrect Mom.
Use of contents without permission is strictly forbidden.
Please contact The Empress of this page for permissions.
Copyright 2005