The Politically Incorrect Mom

THE OPINIONATED RANTINGS OF A CONSERVATIVE MOM

Friday, October 07, 2005

Don't give the jobs away?

Does Mayor Nagin have two sides to his mouth, or what? Within days of laying off 3,000 city workers, he expresses his disdain toward the Mexican workers who are getting all the jobs to clean up the city.

Mayor Ray Nagin added his voice to the chorus this week, telling local business people: "How do I ensure that New Orleans is not overrun by Mexican workers?"


HELLLLOOOOOOOO......is anybody home?? Put your stinking city workers to work cleaning up the city. It's legitmate and the Federal Government is footing the bill! Was he asleep during the part of the President's speach where he said he was leaving it up to the local government to oversee the clean-up/rebuilding efforts?? This guy is MAD! Or perhaps people who are accustomed to sitting in air-conditioned offices counting the kick-backs are above a little elbow grease.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, October 09, 2005, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    That's a horse of a different color then. If I failed to return to my job - even after a disaster...I would not be "layed off", I would be terminated. If Nagin had used that verbage instead of acting like he was personally handing a walking ticket to 3,000 employees - my opinion would have been quite different. Looks like another one of his sympathy strategies.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, October 09, 2005, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    Like I said....how does a city keep 3,000 NON essential workers on staff? People can give him credit for "cleaning house" all they want. But that should have been the first order of business when he was elected.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, October 09, 2005, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    Seems he's used Katrina as a scape goat for all of his mismanagement. I only hope that it catches up with him. I can't be the only person wondering why the city was seemingly bankrupt before the hurricane.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 



Web Counter
Hit Counter
Since August 1, 2005

And one last teeny tiny detail...
This web site and all contents are the property of The Politically Incorrect Mom.
Use of contents without permission is strictly forbidden.
Please contact The Empress of this page for permissions.
Copyright 2005