The Politically Incorrect Mom

THE OPINIONATED RANTINGS OF A CONSERVATIVE MOM

Monday, February 12, 2007

In case of inclement weather

The PI Mom hasn't disappeared. I've just been in a cold induced hibernation for the last several weeks. Single digits and even some sub-zero temperatures have slowed the old Mom to a crawl on most days and sucked the energy right out of me. I'm definitely not a good candidate for living in South Central Pennsylvania - what with all the temperatures below 75 degrees....but family ties and the circumstances of my life to date have dictated this curse I call my geographical location.

I usually don't know what's on my schedule without writing it down in three places and then ultimately having my administrative assistant read it off the calendar, but I know this.....
One day I will be trading in my business suits, power pumps and sensible sedan for a sarong, flip flops and convertible. White, sandy beaches are in my future....oh yeah....


Meanwhile, we had the first day of "warm" weather today in weeks - with temperatures at 42 degrees it felt like a heat wave. The problem is that behind the warm temperatures is a winter storm heading toward SC PA.

Now, I was born in the mountains. I may hate the cold and the snow, but it doesn't scare me - not in the least. On the contrary, those born and raised here in the "flat lands" are a bunch of crying, screaming mimi's! I've never been able to figure out why all the bread and milk disappear from the convenience stores whenever the weather man predicts even the smallest of flurries. What do people do...sit around and eat toast when it snows?

The weather man has predicted a "storm" with accumulations of up to 6 inches. SIX INCHES folks! That's barely enough to make tracks in the snow. I'm pretty sure that the first time I drove a car there was at least 6 inches of snow on the road - I remember because it was a GOOD weather day in the mountains. Honestly....I realize I am more than a little politically incorrect and perhaps a little judgmental and maybe even somewhat unsympathetic....but I really had to restrain myself when 4 of the managers who work for me sent me e-mails today asking for help in developing an "Inclement Weather Plan" for this week.

It was, of course, the easiest task I performed all day and here it is:

February 12, 2007
Inclement Weather Policy for XXXXXXXX Site of XXXXXXXX Management Group
Policy:
If it snows less than 2 feet....get your butt to work.


If you're looking for me during the storm - try me at the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 



Web Counter
Hit Counter
Since August 1, 2005

And one last teeny tiny detail...
This web site and all contents are the property of The Politically Incorrect Mom.
Use of contents without permission is strictly forbidden.
Please contact The Empress of this page for permissions.
Copyright 2005