The Politically Incorrect Mom

THE OPINIONATED RANTINGS OF A CONSERVATIVE MOM

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Proof? Not for some.

This news will be “proof” for some of those screaming for it, not enough for some others, and too much for the liberals who are working hard to protect their religion of killing babies.

I, for one, am happy to wait for the hearings to make my decision. I’m not interested in speculation. I am also not buying in to the idea that President Bush owes me something as a conservative, just because I voted for him. There were an awful lot of democrats who voted for him because they considered him the “lesser of two evils”. What does he owe them?

I voted for him because I believed he shared many, but not all, of my views. I knew going in that there would be Bush policy that I didn’t like. Since then he has impressed me as I’ve learned that he leaned more toward my views than I originally expected. However, as impressed as I may be of him, I am still well aware that he will never please every conservative all the time, including me.

If we get to the hearings and Harriet Miers turns out to be the devil in disguise that so many conservatives are prophesying, then we’re all going to have to take our medicine. Will I be aggravated? Of course! But this conservative mom would rather see a President who makes a decision that he feels he can stand by – and then stands by it, than someone who tries to please every whining person on the planet. Running around trying to please all the whiners is the democrats job.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said…

    See, I am not expecting Bush to please everyone nor am I expecting him to do what we ask. All I ask is that he better be positive that she's a lock. We've worked hard over the last 50 years to get where we are, majority in House and Senate, and I want to realize that when the Supreme Court also reflects the majortiy.

    I'm tired of judicial activism. I'm tired of constant delegation and the continued decay of the Constitution. I'm tired of new laws for everything as opposed to relying on our foundation.

    All I want is someone that will reflect the majority, the majority that put W in office.

    I'm not asking for answers, I'm just hoping for results. PI Mom, don't get the wrong idea, I'm on Bush's side. I trust his decisions. I just don't want anything to happen. We've all worked so hard for this day; let's get back to what our founding fathers wanted.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, October 18, 2005, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    Neo-
    I can agree with you on many points, but I also think we forget some of the times that the person we put in office is just that - a person. He's going to make decisions based on what HE considers to be the best interest of the U.S. and that may not always go hand in hand with what all of us think is best.

    I want to get back to what this country was founded on as well. In my opinion, he hasn't done a whole lot that would make me think he isn't trying to head us in the direction we want to go.

    It's going to be very interesting to see this Miers thing pan out.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, October 19, 2005, Blogger Dad29 said…

    The hearings will be a circus.

    Miers has demonstrated that she is incapable of linear thought and of clear expression.

    She's also demonstrated that she's truly confused about Constitutional issues.

    But Laura told George that he MUST nominate a woman--so he did.

    Not Edith Meyers. Not Diane Sykes.

    Nope. ChurchLady Miers.

    GWB deserves the beating he's taking--and one more thing--he knows he did a bad.

    That's why Chertoff told the Senate that the Bush policy on "non-Mexican-illegals" is a crock of horse patoot yesterday.

    Of course, the proof is in the pudding....I don't expect GWB to actually enforce border security.

    But it sounded good, eh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 



Web Counter
Hit Counter
Since August 1, 2005

And one last teeny tiny detail...
This web site and all contents are the property of The Politically Incorrect Mom.
Use of contents without permission is strictly forbidden.
Please contact The Empress of this page for permissions.
Copyright 2005