The Politically Incorrect Mom

THE OPINIONATED RANTINGS OF A CONSERVATIVE MOM

Monday, October 17, 2005

Prom Goes To The Dogs

Check this out.

I’m not so sure about this. It most definitely sounds as though this school’s pre and post prom has become an out-of-control event, but I think it’s pretty clear that the parents have created this monster. Canceling prom, in my opinion, will do nothing to curtail the parents idiotic and excessive catering to their children’s every whim. I think this will only fuel the parent’s belief that they have the right to dole out luxuries to their children hand-over-fist. Mark my words, the next thing we hear about this will be that the parents (who can afford a $20,000 Hampton house rental for the post-prom party) will be footing the bill to have the prom at the local Hilton.

While I don’t agree with what is allegedly going on before and after prom, I am fortunate enough to have good kids who have not engaged in this type of behavior. If they had to lose their prom based on other people’s behavior that isn’t even taking place on the school’s property…I think I would have a problem with this.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said…

    Wait for it... Wait for it... Here comes the ACLU!!! I give them four days before filing a law suit.

    BTW, Shelly and gang scare me. Their zombie-like regurgitations and anti-US propaganda is totally concerning. This is my generation?

     
  • At 1:59 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    NEO -
    I thought the same thing about the ACLU. What a waste of time and energy - but then, they've got till spring to make a go of it.
    Re: Shelly and gang...yes, it's like I said...
    You have to believe that this message is a part of a vast, right wing conspiracy.

    It was a full moon over the weekend, I believe. The crazies are out! woooohoooo!

     
  • At 6:28 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Dad29 said…

    Well....

    The parents ARE the primary educators of their children. They can do anything they want...

    But Some Big Guy's going to ask them, someday: "..and what have you done to My little ones?"

     
  • At 6:41 PM, October 17, 2005, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    You're absolutely right. The most important job any of us will ever have and I am right there with you - we WILL answer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 



Web Counter
Hit Counter
Since August 1, 2005

And one last teeny tiny detail...
This web site and all contents are the property of The Politically Incorrect Mom.
Use of contents without permission is strictly forbidden.
Please contact The Empress of this page for permissions.
Copyright 2005