The Politically Incorrect Mom

THE OPINIONATED RANTINGS OF A CONSERVATIVE MOM

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Everybody gets a new title...

While sitting in the doctor's office for 45 minutes today - waiting for my daughter to be seen for a sports physical for school - I found myself sitting in an exam room with only one magazine on the rack. The magazine happened to be the November 27 issue of People Magazine. Not something I would normally pick up and read and this issue even less since the cover story was that George Clooney had been selected as the 2006 Sexiest Man Alive. First, let me say.......PA-LEEEEZ! There are sexier men that I know in person - not to mention some of the McDreamy men walking around Hollywood now - and girls you know what I'm saying!!. George - dorky guy from the Rosanne show - Clooney? Nerd-handyman from The Facts of Life....that George Clooney? UGH! Clearly, those who voted forgot about the 80's and have never heard him open his mouth.

At any rate - I took one look at the cover and put the magazine back, opting instead to read the posters on the walls. After about 20 minutes of studying the digestive system - as interesting as that was, I became desperate and picked up the magazine. I flipped to the interview the publisher had with the newly crowned king of sexy, just to see what stupid thing was going to come out of his mouth next and.....there it was......

Q: Will you ever run for office?

A: No. I can get more done from where I am on issues than I could trying to make policy. I don't have to compromise on anything. I don't have to worry about alienating anyone. I can go in head first.

And you know what??? He's right. He is absolutely, positively right on with that answer. Anyone who may have thought that some of these celebrities don't know what they're doing when they lead the developmentally delayed followers of this country into whatever they choose - you're crazy. Clooney, at least, knows exactly what he's doing. He knows that the ridiculous number of Americans who can't think for themselves will listen to him as an actor a lot quicker than they'll listen to him as a politician. Why? Because he's sexy? (I beg to differ with that one) Because he played a smart guy once? (not really sure about that either). Really it's because people in this country are so disillusioned by celebrities that they can't pull their heads out of their butts long enough see the light.


I know I've ranted about this before - but reading it straight from the horse's mouth just confirmed what I already knew - not all celebs are just stupid blondes like Natalie Maines - some of them actually have an agenda. Scary.

Georgie may have been dubbed the Sexiest Man Alive - but I got a brand new title this week, too....

I love my employer. I really do. I work for one of the best companies in South Central Pennsylvania and I'm proud of what I do for a living. They have exhibited an enormous amount of confidence in me and have allowed me to steadily "climb the ladder" - never holding me back from the next challenge. Unfortunately, loving my job and displaying a willingness to take on any responsibility they've thrown my way has bought me the title of "Pathetic Loser Who Has To Travel Over The Holidays". As I pondered why on earth my boss was sending me to visit 3 states over the last 3 days of the year when there are so many other people - higher up on the food chain than I am - who would be better suited for this trip - a friend said, "because it's over new years!" DUH! Guess I totally missed that one when they asked me to do it.

So, I'll be in Michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin on the last three days of 2006. I'm really hoping my blogger buddies in Milwaukee will take pity on this lowly traveler and tell me where the New Years Eve party is (and then let me crash it) - otherwise, it's me...alone....in a hotel room....feeling sorry for myself...on New Years Eve...sniff, sniff....



8 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're really not going to Baltimore?????

     
  • At 9:44 PM, December 12, 2006, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    No Kit - I'm not. :O(
    You'll have to find someone else to babysit you.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, December 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    $100 goes to anyone in what ever city she's in on New Years Eve who can provide photographic evidence that this woman - the prude that she is - has ever taken a drink.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, December 13, 2006, Blogger Disgruntled Car Salesman said…

    I'll take the $100.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, December 13, 2006, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    1. Kitty doesn't have $100

    2. I am not a prude, Kit...I don't drink with you because SOMEBODY has to stay sober.

    3. There will be no such evidence, DCS, as you would have to catch me first...and with my cat-like reflexes...good luck.

    Kitty: I'll see you at lunch tomorrow and it's your turn to buy you friggin' moocher. If you DO have any money...give it to me to buy DCS a beer (we'll call it even on the 100 or so cheeseburgers I've floated you for).

     
  • At 8:52 PM, December 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1. I was going to borrow the $100 from you.

    2. Its my husband's job to stay sober not yours.

    3. Disgruntled-she's not that fast. You can take her.

    4. B-he's cute. Even standing in a swamp.

    Yes! Lunch tomorrow. Almost forgot. 12:30 at Macaroni Grill. I buy.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, December 14, 2006, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    Thanks for lunch. If I had known you left another stupid comment I would have ordered more food.

    Cute? Swamp? What?

    !!!! B !!!! Knock it off!

    Am too fast. Stealth-like too.

    And stop clogging up my comments...pick up the phone weirdo.

    ...you know I love you

     
  • At 9:46 PM, December 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The car salesman = cute. Probably too old for you, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 



Web Counter
Hit Counter
Since August 1, 2005

And one last teeny tiny detail...
This web site and all contents are the property of The Politically Incorrect Mom.
Use of contents without permission is strictly forbidden.
Please contact The Empress of this page for permissions.
Copyright 2005