The Politically Incorrect Mom

THE OPINIONATED RANTINGS OF A CONSERVATIVE MOM

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Meet Jesse and Sally

I visited the Vet hospital today to meet Jesse and Sally, the two Katrina survivors who were shipped to Pennsylvania to be adopted. As you can see, they are both beautiful dogs. I suspect their names were "assigned" to them by the rescue organization.

Sally is a Catahoula. She weighs about 30-35 lbs. She has one brown eye and one blue (both "glass") and is very timid. She was terrified when I took her for a walk on a leash, which only suggests that she was not walked in that manner, but otherwise seems to have been socialized properly and is really a sweet, sweet dog.

Jesse is a lab mix (judging by her physical characteristics, possibly greyhound in the mix). She is fawn in color and is incredibly sweet - but also incredibly rambunctious. Walking her on a leash was nearly impossible. For a relatively small dog (only about 35 lbs) she just about pulled my shoulder out. Jesse seems to have been somewhat trained, as she follows basic commands (sit, lay, etc). She was such a wiggle-worm, this is the best photo I was able to get.

I am considering adopting one of these dogs, but I'm having to give it some more thought, as both of them showed signs of aggression toward other animals. I have a house cat and the bottom line is - she was here first. I don't want to do anything to put her in danger or make her life miserable for the long-term. My vet-friend is going to keep them under observation and help me decide if my home is a good choice.

So, why am I posting these dog's photos and descriptions here? I don't know. I guess I need to feel as though every possible effort has been made to reunite these sweet little dogs with their families before they are adopted by someone else.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, October 09, 2005, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    Yay!!!! Awesome news! Congratulations and blessings to you and your family!

     
  • At 8:20 AM, October 11, 2005, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said…

    I've been continiously visiting our humane society because many of the rescued animals were shipped to FL. I've found many wonderful dogs and cats but they won't give them up until they are sure their owners aren't looking for them.

    -I love cats and my girlfriend loves dogs, so take a guess what animal we are considering...

     
  • At 12:56 PM, October 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a cat-dog?

     
  • At 4:53 PM, October 11, 2005, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said…

    yeaahhh. Actually, sort of. She wants a toy-toy shih tzu. Smells like a dog but as big as a cat.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, October 11, 2005, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    I love little dogs. Grew up with poodles and I'm one of those people who knows you CAN train a small dog not to be yippy. And if ever there was a cat-dog...a toy shih tzu is it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 



Web Counter
Hit Counter
Since August 1, 2005

And one last teeny tiny detail...
This web site and all contents are the property of The Politically Incorrect Mom.
Use of contents without permission is strictly forbidden.
Please contact The Empress of this page for permissions.
Copyright 2005