The Politically Incorrect Mom

THE OPINIONATED RANTINGS OF A CONSERVATIVE MOM

Saturday, February 11, 2006

The week in weird

I’ve seen so many ridiculous, outrageous, infuriating things this week that made me want to sit down and peck out a rant – I just don’t know where to begin. I thought I would combine them and get it all off my chest at once.

We’ve all seen the show, “What Not To Wear”…
Perhaps TLC could come up with a show called, “What NOT To Say At A Funeral”. I’ll defer to AM Siriano here – his question, “If George W. Bush were the one in the box, with Coretta Scott King sitting on the stage, do you suppose Franklin Graham would take the opportunity to attack her for her ridiculous support of same-sex marriage, veganism, and animal rights?”

I think not.

I am disgusted beyond words at the disrespect and grandstanding that took place at the King funeral. Her family should be appalled.

Cartoons…

They’re cartoons people!
Cartoons!
With this in mind – I challenge anyone who still says Islam is a peaceful religion.
This…



is over…

a Cartoon…

We constantly hear Liberals saying Christian conservatives are over-the-top. When was the last time you saw a Christian catching something on fire because someone mocked Jesus?

UPDATE: Iran's over-the-top Pres says, "The U.S. should pay a heavy price" because of these cartoons. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a threat to me.

No excuse is good enough…

I usually don’t pay any attention to the likes of celebrities and what they're doing in their personal lives. In fact, I couldn’t possibly care less what most of them do, but this week Britney Spears proved me right regarding my opinion that people should have to pass a test and get a license before having a baby.

It takes something like 10 lbs of pressure to kill a baby. It would seem that common sense should dictate that there's something very bad about putting your 5 month old baby between you and the steering wheel of an SUV (at any speed).

Her excuse is ridiculous and if it was you or I, the child would be in foster care by now.

Miss Britney – your excuse is crap and you put
your child in more danger than anyone with a camera ever could.

Jill Carroll’s Kidnappers Set “Final Deadline”

Ok, so I am not sympathetic to journalists and those in war zones performing “humanitarian work”. There is a simple solution to reducing the risks they take – stay the heck out of war zones!

Personally, I think only the military should be allowed to perform humanitarian duties during times of war (which they do…every day…in Iraq and elsewhere) and there really should be some sort of control over journalists wandering around in places like that.

Having said all that, however, there really is something fishy about the whole Jill Carroll thing. Either she’s been kidnapped by wishy-washy abductors, or something else is going on here because we’ve never seen such time lapses between a kidnapping and the carrying out of the threats of death. These guys usually don’t give more than one deadline or “second chances”. It’s all very fishy – verrrrry fishy.

Human Head Fails to Ward Off Evil...

A Haitian born American citizen was arrested yesterday in Ft. Lauderdale trying to smuggle a human head, still equipped with skin, hair, teeth and apparently lots of dirt into the country.

Her reason? To ward off evil spirits, of course!

Evidently it didn't work because the 30 year old now faces up to 15 years in prison.

That's it for now, but as always...as long as there are still idiots in this world, I'll always have something to rant about.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, April 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "They’re cartoons people! Cartoons!"

    Would you feel this way if you had been brought up under Islamic law? The only possible answer to this is no.

    "We live in a nation that sets the stage for the rest of the world. If we want to continue to move forward as the greatest nation on earth..." then we have to learn cultural sensitivity and accountability?

     
  • At 9:05 PM, April 18, 2006, Blogger P.I. Mom said…

    Of course that's not the only possible answer. I was raised in a strict Christian home. I put up with people knocking Christianity, Jesus, God and the likes ALL THE TIME. I haven't burned anything down yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 



Web Counter
Hit Counter
Since August 1, 2005

And one last teeny tiny detail...
This web site and all contents are the property of The Politically Incorrect Mom.
Use of contents without permission is strictly forbidden.
Please contact The Empress of this page for permissions.
Copyright 2005